Sunday, December 7, 2014

Review: Mr. Black & Scarlett Red by P.T. Michelle ( 3.5 stars and 4.5 star reviews )



Title: Mister Black
Series: In the Shadows #1
Author: P.T. Michelle
 Release Date: June 14, 2014


Synopsis


We all have someone who crossed our path and fundamentally changed us. That one person who blew through our lives, their presence forever stamped on our psyche. They linger in our thoughts, in our hearts, and in the decisions we make. A soul crusher or a dream maker, depending on the perspective.

My person is MISTER BLACK.

I didn’t know him by that name when I first met him. 

I didn’t know him at all, but the impression he left behind was just as powerful as the name I call him today.

He is Black: a deadly enforcer and masterful seducer.

I am Red: a justice bleeder and willing participant.

Together we are passion. Colors colliding through each other’s lives.

When our secrets converge in a passionate encounter,
stepping out of the shadows just might be worth the risk.
















 3.5 rainbow stars 

" We all have someone who crossed our path and fundamentally changed us. That one person who blew through our lives, their presence forever stamped on our psyche. They linger in our thoughts, in our hearts, and in the decisions we make. A soul crusher or a dream maker, depending on the perspective. 
My person is Mr. Black "  ~ Talia 

This is how Mr. Black starts, with this quote from the main character, Talia. It resonated with me because it is true, we all have someone, it doesn't have to be a sexual thing. Maybe they even didn't really DO anything except "blow over" your life. But they're always there in some way, they sneak up on us. 

First thing that caught my attention from this book, is the precise details it has. It sets the reader up in Talia's and Sebastian's very different but equally stormy worlds. Both characters haunted by deception and brutal death, they find their rainbows at a very young age. It spans two monumental moments in their lives. The first time they met and the second they "first met", as well as what led up to both being there at those moments in time.
There were some things that were left unraveled, some details that didn't fit and some that struck me as odd. As I finished the book, and even more so after I read Scarlett Red, I realized everything in this book has a purpose. EVERYTHING. It's like a little mystery and clues  wrapped in one hell of an erotic night between Talia and Sebastian. 
I'm a sucker for truly smart, quick and classy heroines as well a strong and compelling male lead. This story has both. Talia is a career-minded, extremely smart and observant girl who didn't let her past define her life. Except maybe in the sex area. Sebastian ( Mr. Black ) is alpha, a SEAL, soft spoken, dominant, bossy and well.... a panty melter. 
Mr. Black gave me the impression of being a starter in a series that would lead me to a series of recycled plots and over worked scenes. Man, was I wrong. I still think this has the feel of long prologue or a prequel, if you will.The reason I gave it 3.5 stars is because it left too many question, like I said , it felt like a long prologue so I had no choice but to pick up Scarlett Red the second I put Mr. Black down.
Overall, a great read.




Title: Scarlett Red
Series: In the Shadows #2
Author: P.T. Michelle
 Release Date: September 23, 2014





Mister Black swept in and out of my life like a tornado, leaving me twisted up and forever changed in his wake.

And now that my life is finally back on track, I need to move on, despite the many reminders of our time together.

But our pasts are only as far away as the shadows we hide behind, and sometimes those shadows grow darker, converging on the present in the most insidious way.

He is Black: a stealthy hunter and rainbow master.

I am Red: a truth seeker and desire keeper.

Together we are obsession. Passionate colors destined to be drawn together.

















4.5 stars 

" He is Black: a stealthy hunter and rainbow master. 
I am Red: a truth seeker and desire keeper" 


Scarlett Red is a stunner of a book. I got weaved in an increasingly complicated plot with completely out of the blue twists and turns. When I said that the previous book, Mr. Black was sort of a prequel to this , I had no idea it contained so much needed to understand this one. To say it is filled with clues and hints is an understatement.
Scarlett Red picks up three years after that incredible and fateful night between Talia and Black. They meet up in the most random way. There's one catch. Talia doesn't know it's Black. She has pined for him since she was 13 years old and she knows he is it for her. There are little moments where she is thinking of him that just made my heart weep. ( Having solo fun while wearing Black's leather jacket , which he gave her when they first met, for the last time as a way to say goodbye counts as emotional, right? ) 
So, as the book progresses and Talia and Bash .... bond, the plot thickens and more details and clues are left out for us. Some are not who they seem to be, past events were twisted, ice and lace are used in creative ways, a gripping mystery so seemingly simple I couldn't help but look for clues everywhere. NOTHING is as it seems. 
Bash and Talia are on fire when together, the chemistry between these two sizzles and burns in the most delicious ways. The sex scenes are flawlessly and tastefully written: tons of passion, mystery, bossiness from Black, beautifully descriptive and some bondage-ish and spanking action. 

WARNING :  CLIFFHANGER 










P.T. Michelle is the NEW YORK TIMES, USA TODAY and International Best Selling author of the New Adult/Contemporary romance serial IN THE SHADOWS, the YA/New Adult crossover series BRIGHTEST KIND OF DARKNESS, and the romance series: BAD IN BOOTS, KENDRIAN VAMPIRES and SCIONS (listed under Patrice Michelle). She keeps a spiral notepad with her at all times, even on her nightstand. When P.T. isn't writing, she can usually be found reading or taking pictures of landscapes, sunsets and anything beautiful or odd in nature.
 


Author Links

No comments:

Post a Comment